Monday, October 12, 2009

Need a little spice?

Ahh fall! One of the few season's I haven't experienced living in Phoenix for most of my life. Here in Denver, the colors are bright, the leaves are falling and spicy micro brews are filling store shelves. I'm also in the mood for chicken pot pie, soup, mac and cheese and maybe even meatloaf. Here are two seasonal - fall beers I recently tried.


Autumn Ale, Breckenridge Brewery
The old style ale is as cozy as it sounds. Warm, nutty and brewed with hints of chocolate, which makes me love it even more. Only available in September and October, so hurry up and grab a six pack folks.
http://www.breckbrew.com/beer/autumnaleoktoberfest.html

Harvest Moon, Blue Moon Brewing
Clove, nutmeg and allspice. Sounds just like a pumpkin pie. Though it doesn't really taste like pumpkin, it's a soothing flavor with the perfect amount of spice. Not too sweet and not too spicy. Available through November.
http://www.bluemoonbrewingcompany.com/

Happy fall!

I'm attempting to make a pumpkin ginger soup this week, stand by for how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment