Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pumpkin Spice Soup

Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin...I'm so excited for all things pumpkin!  I attempted a new soup that I'm now calling Pumpkin Spice.  Although I'm the only person whose tasted it, I'm going to call it a success!  After looking up dozens of different recipes I decided to take something from each one.

I started by cutting up a small pumpkin and scooping out all the seeds (which I saved and baked later). Then I cut the pumpkin into quarters and sprinkled olive oil, salt, pepper and all-spice. Baking takes at least an hour.














I sauteed a whole yellow onion, garlic and ginger in olive oil for about five minutes.














Next I mixed the pumpkin and onions together and added about 2 cups of water along with more all-spice, salt, pepper and a little cinnamon. Once the mixture started to bubble, I let it simmer for another 20 minutes. And lastly, I threw it all in the blender for a smooth, puree texture.

I may have used a little too much ginger, because this soup is real spicy. It hits you right at the back of the throat. I added a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and it was yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment